Old cedar siding off...getting prepped to re-wire & eventually put up new siding!
Dad working on re-hanging the gutter after we took off the old tin roof. It's so much brighter without it.
Some art I sketched out the other day to hang in the porch - I can't wait to 'decorate' it.
The list looks pretty similar to where is was last week...with a couple of unexpected additions like re-hanging the whole gutter since it was apparently just resting on the old tin roof:
Jack up porch. Order roofing material. Demo lattice & chicken wire & clean off porch. Dig post holes. Pour cement footers.
- Level out the porch & get the posts put up.
Tear off all of the old siding. Tear off the old roof. Re-hang the gutter since it was resting on the old roof.
- Frame everything out.
- Build built-in bar.
- Re-route cable to other side of porch.
- Wire for the new light & outlet.
- Hang new siding.
- Prime & paint all framework.
- Install new roof.
- Paint siding.
- Install new light & outlet.
- Hang up screen.
- Retrofit screen door for existing space.
- Paint screen door.
- Prime & paint porch floor.
- Trim out patio door, window, and all screen panels.
- Purchase & hang porch swing & pallet planter.
- Build, prime, paint new steps up to porch.
- Fill nail holes & touch up all trim work.
- Hunt down three cool chairs & paint them.
- Sew a few throw pillows for the porch swing.
- Plant window boxes.
- Mulch garden around porch.
- Perhaps finish off bottom of porch with lattice?