I was so excited for this Christmas for a few reasons. First, it was Grady's first time waking up on Christmas morning at our house. I couldn't wait to have him wake up to discover that Santa had been to our house, had eaten the cookies & milk we had set out for him, & had left a few gifts in our stockings! Second, Grady is 3.5 now, & TOTALLY gets the whole Christmas thing. He was old enough this year to feel the magic & really enjoy everything about it. Lastly, we got to have our extended family Christmas at my parents' house right here in town! Not everyone made it, but the crew that came was super fun.
A couple of quick pictures of Christmas morning at the Starzl house...
We really try to limit the amount of gifts we get him as he really doesn't need anything at all. We don't ever really have a budget either...instead we just try to find a few things that we know he'll really love. There's nothing super unique as he's a pretty easy kid to please! Here's a breakdown of what we bought this year:
Michaelangelo Ninja Turtle action figure (Did you know that we couldn't find Leo at any of our local stores, or anywhere in the whole city of Omaha...crazy!)
2. Cars 2 Diecast Cars (he's got quite the collection going!)
3. Mini Marshmallow Shooter (Doesn't work real well - kind of a disappointment. We'll have to try stale or frozen mallows as the "chute" gets too sticky!)
4. Art Lab book (I've heard great things...can't wait to try some projects!)
5. Ninja Turtles movie 4-pack (so funny that these guys are back.)
6. Lego Batcave (he'd been asking for this since September.)
All of my links are from Amazon, but we found a lot of the stuff at Target, Walmart, & Toys 'R Us.