Just a quick post today. We STILL haven't gotten that darn window replaced in the attic. It rained ALL weekend. Don't worry...we still found something to work on!
Last weekend, dad & I hung the French doors. They looked like this:
This weekend, dad brought over his router & we took a little bit of the width off (they were rubbing when opened/shut). Then we hung them back up & I took over priming & painting.
I flip-flopped over a paint color for the longest time. I ultimately decided on the same yellow I used in the Ikat mural in my entryway. It's bright...& I'm still flip-flopping about whether I like it or not! I'm about 90% sure I'll keep it yellow, but I might do a little distressing, or a glaze or something over it. Whatever I choose to do, I know that I'm for sure going to wait until the rest of the space is complete. At this stage it's hard to tell if it's going to work as-is or not.
And because no post is complete without pictures!
Oh, & big bummer alert: the perfect glass doorknobs I purchased on Etsy aren't going to work. Boohoo. The space I have for a knob is too narrow & the knobs knock into the opposite door when it's opened. I picked up some black gate pulls at the hardware store to use instead. (Or until I find something I like better.)
This week/weekend actually looks like sun (hooray!), so we're planning on tackling the window & perhaps even starting to get some drywall hung! Cross your fingers!