Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring finally came!

***Quick attic update***
You guys...we're almost done with drywall!  You can't imagine how excited I am about that.  This weekend I got the walls on the landing primed, but we still have a couple of touch up coats of mud to put on some spots on the ceiling.  Those sloped ceilings are tricky to mud!  I think we'll be ready to prime the ceiling & paint the whole room by Sunday.  Eek!

In other news, since I don't have enough going on already, I'm also taking Karen Russel's Snapshots of a Good Life photography class over the next couple of months.  I'm only a couple of weeks in, & I already highly recommend it!  No matter what level of your photography skills, you'll come away with something new. 

Our week 1 assignment had to do with composition.  So, I took Grady to the park...which proved to be challenging to say the least.  The kid doesn't stop moving to begin with, but get him outside, at a playground, after the longest, coldest, most cooped-up winter I can remember...& yeah...it was hard for this girl to visualize, much less get a shot with good composition before he was moving on (at warp speed) to something new.  I did manage to get a few shots that I liked though...










I'm really looking forward to the next 8 weeks of Karen's class & am anxious to see where it takes my photography! 

{I'm looking forward even more to spring...& more days at the park!}

3 comments:

  1. Park/ playground pictures are the best...I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're tired, you want to relax after a stressful working hours, you need to have time to take care of the kids active.
    Please visit our website and play exciting flash games.
    Thanks you for sharing!
    Friv 4

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips